iOS 8 returns a wonderful feature to the iPhone
On March 10, 2014 Apple released iOS 7.1, and with it made phone calls a little less fun to receive. Suddenly this.
Even if the change didn't hinder functionality, it was an odd case of Apple implementing a solution in search of a problem. If you travel a lot, seeing a full screen photo of a loved one when they called was a nice aspect of iOS. Suddenly this feature was gone for seemingly no reason. Thankfully this odd change will be fixed in iOS 8.
Although the feature hasn't been announced yet, Apple has been displaying the feature in its advertising of iOS 8, as seen in the picture below.
There are lots of reasons to be excited about the impending release of iOS 8. HealthKit and the connected home services are sure to be game changers for many users. However, don't be surprised to see a large number of iPhone owners rejoicing when they finally get their full incoming-call photos back this fall.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature