Apple adds ESPN Radio, local NPR to iTunes Radio
It's a good day for fans of digital radio. Apple has added new channels to its iTunes Radio service, including a new ESPN Radio station and 42 new local National Public Radio (NPR) affiliate stations. You can find these new stations by searching within the iTunes Radio app on your iOS devices or on your desktop via iTunes.
ESPN Radio will features the same content as normal ESPN affiliate stations. You can find a schedule of its available programming, including Mike & Mike and The Freddie Colman Show, right here. Traug Keller, ESPN senior vice president of production business divisions, released the following statement regarding the new digital station.
"We are thrilled to make our industry-leading sports talk and championship play-by-play content available to fans via iTunes Radio, and we are excited to partner with Apple to expand our digital reach. Our fans can look forward to expanded ESPN Audio offerings on both the national and local sports levels in the future."
NPR's new additions include Austin, Chicago, Los Angeles, and San Diego among many others. If you've ever wondered what local stories the Austin, TX offices of NPR produces, you're in luck -- the answer is just a click or tap away.
The stations are currently live and available for listening on iTunes.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV