Mac 101: How to disable that annoying volume noise
First, hold down the Shift key when adjusting the volume via the keyboard. Your other option is to have at it in System Preferences. Launch and click Sound, and then Sound Effects. Next, de-select "Play feedback when volume is changed." No more pip!
Pro tip: once you've made that change in System Preferences, the Shift key trick works differently. Hold Shift while adjusting volume to hear the pip.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter