Apple video shows off Tokyo Apple Store and more news for June 12, 2014
- Apple has posted a nice, quick video promoting Tokyo's newest Apple Store. As ifoAppleStore points out, this video is unique in that it's the first to show a retail store being set up. Employees are show assembling the displays and filling the shelves with product.
- Rovio launches Angry Birds RPG "Angry Birds Epic." Just when you though the birds and pigs were fading from memory, they're back in an "epic" RPG. It features battles, weapon upgrades, treasure...all the stuff you'd expect from an RPG.
- Starbucks to roll out 100,000 wireless smartphone chargers. The company has teamed up with Duracell to install Powermats at locations across the country. The program has begun in select San Francisco and Boston locations, and those involved expect to expand significantly over the next year or so. Of course, you'll need a compatible case to use the charging stations.
- Apple expands European App store curation. Specifically, the productivity, photo & video, sport, music, lifestyle, health and travel categories now feature selections gathered by Apple's App Store editors.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync