Daily App: Follow your favorite sports with Reuters Sports Reel
Big news bureaus like Reuters are known for their stunning photographs that capture the most important moments in news and sports history. Just in time for the 2014 FIFA World Cup, Reuters has introduced a new sports photography and news app, Reuters Sports Reel.
Not surprisingly, Reuters Sports Reel focuses on photography, providing photos from sporting events as they are occurring. At launch, the app supports the current World Cup as well as upcoming events such as the Tour de France, the Formula 1 Hungarian Grand Prix and the US Open Tennis tournament.
Reuters Sports Reel allows you to browse the timeline for each event and provides stunning photos of completed matches or races. Each photo has a description of the captured moment, a favorite button and a sharing option that allows you to post it to Facebook, Twitter or send it via Messages or email.
Besides photos, the app also includes a calendar for each event that breaks down the dates of the competition, details on the individual matches, and important qualification rounds. You also can pick a favorite team and receive notifications about their event times, progress and final results. You can set these notifications when you first launch the app and change them as needed.
Reuters Sports Reel is available for free from the iOS App Store. It is compatible with the iPhone and iPad and requires iOS 7.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter