Daily App: Follow your favorite sports with Reuters Sports Reel
Big news bureaus like Reuters are known for their stunning photographs that capture the most important moments in news and sports history. Just in time for the 2014 FIFA World Cup, Reuters has introduced a new sports photography and news app, Reuters Sports Reel.
Not surprisingly, Reuters Sports Reel focuses on photography, providing photos from sporting events as they are occurring. At launch, the app supports the current World Cup as well as upcoming events such as the Tour de France, the Formula 1 Hungarian Grand Prix and the US Open Tennis tournament.
Reuters Sports Reel allows you to browse the timeline for each event and provides stunning photos of completed matches or races. Each photo has a description of the captured moment, a favorite button and a sharing option that allows you to post it to Facebook, Twitter or send it via Messages or email.
Besides photos, the app also includes a calendar for each event that breaks down the dates of the competition, details on the individual matches, and important qualification rounds. You also can pick a favorite team and receive notifications about their event times, progress and final results. You can set these notifications when you first launch the app and change them as needed.
Reuters Sports Reel is available for free from the iOS App Store. It is compatible with the iPhone and iPad and requires iOS 7.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync