Apple adds "Send Last Location" feature to "Find My iPhone"
With each new iOS release, Apple has iteratively lessened the frustration typically associated with losing or misplacing one's iPhone or iPad. First there was the introduction of "Find My iPhone" in 2010. This was enhanced by the launch of "Activation Lock" in iOS 7. And of course, the introduction of TouchID added even another layer of safety into the mix.
With iOS 8, Apple has added a new toggle to the "Find My iPhone" feature set. Dubbed "Send Last Location", the toggle, when turned on, automatically sends the last known location of an iPhone to Apple when the battery drains to a critical level.
This is a rather smart addition as trying to find an iPhone that's out of juice can be an effort in frustration.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows