iOS 8 Safari can block ads from automatically redirecting to the App Store
One of the most frustrating aspects of the modern mobile internet is advertising that kicks you off the webpage you're on and forces you into the App Store. Oftentimes websites -- including TUAW -- aren't even aware that their ads are doing this obnoxious and vile act until it's too late and readers are already ticked off. Thankfully, the upcoming iOS 8 will fix this problem for Safari users.
In the release notes for the latest iOS 8 Beta update comes this wonderful hidden gem:
That's right folks, the days of intrusive spam ads kicking you out of the article you want to read and into the App Store for a product you don't want are almost over. HealthKit, time lapse video, and the other wonderful features of iOS 8 we've found out about so far are all exciting, but this? This will make Safari the go-to browser for a large chunk of iOS fans, if only so they can browse the internet in peace once again.
We can't wait for the arrival of Fall.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync