Developer uncovers Maps "Flyover city tours" in iOS 8 beta
Without question, the best slide from every WWDC keynote is the one that lists out all the upcoming iOS features that couldn't be addressed individually.
If you look closely at the slide above, you'll see that one such feature is called "Flyover city tours." While the feature isn't yet overtly featured in the iOS 8 beta, developer Pierre Blazquez figured out a way to unlock it for our viewing pleasure.
As the name of the feature implies, "Flyover city tours" takes you on a guided tour of landmarks from major cities around the world. Think of it as Apple's way of providing travelers with the lay of the land and notable points of interest with just a simple tap. Some of the supported cities thus far include Rome, Stockholm, New York, Paris, Glasgow, Cape Town, and San Francisco.
We'll keep you posted once, or if, this feature becomes available by default in subsequent iOS 8 betas.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)