Nobody would bother stealing your iPhone if you had this case
There's a lot of talk these days about ways to prevent smartphone theft. The iPhone's kill switch feature seems to be doing a pretty good job of curbing iPhone thefts, and that's definitely a good thing, but I have a feeling this creepy case from Japan might do an even better job. If nothing else, it'll probably scare at least a few would-be crooks away before they even realize what it is.
The case is modeled after a giant isopod, and unlike other such cases from Japan, it's designed with a seriously disturbing amount of detail. With almost frighteningly realistic legs, mandibles, and a scale-like external shell, the limited edition case holds your precious iPhone snuggly in place while looking endlessly discomforting.
The creepy crustacean is available for order from Japan, but be warned; it won't be gentle on your wallet. The case, which comes in two colors, is priced at US$80 and $120, depending on which shade of nightmare you prefer.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter