Nobody would bother stealing your iPhone if you had this case
There's a lot of talk these days about ways to prevent smartphone theft. The iPhone's kill switch feature seems to be doing a pretty good job of curbing iPhone thefts, and that's definitely a good thing, but I have a feeling this creepy case from Japan might do an even better job. If nothing else, it'll probably scare at least a few would-be crooks away before they even realize what it is.
The case is modeled after a giant isopod, and unlike other such cases from Japan, it's designed with a seriously disturbing amount of detail. With almost frighteningly realistic legs, mandibles, and a scale-like external shell, the limited edition case holds your precious iPhone snuggly in place while looking endlessly discomforting.
The creepy crustacean is available for order from Japan, but be warned; it won't be gentle on your wallet. The case, which comes in two colors, is priced at US$80 and $120, depending on which shade of nightmare you prefer.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration