How to reorder Safari pages on iPhone or iPad
Apple's iOS 7 changed the way mobile Safari manages multiple open pages. The current version presents the list as a "fan." Scroll through it with a swipe of your finger to quickly browse all open pages. Did you know you can also reorder those pages? You can, and here's how.
Simply tap and hold on the page you'd like to move for about a second. It will become slightly more pronounced in appearance while the others fade into the background bit. Now you can drag that page to any position on the list that you want.
While we're at it, there are two ways to close a page. Either tap the "x" in its upper left-hand corner, or simply swipe it to the left.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app