Man runs Telnet BBS on an Apple IIe using Raspberry Pi because he can
When life hands you old technology you can either throw it away, store it, or try and make it work again. Thanks to the invention of powerful and easily adapted micro computers like Raspberry Pi it's now easier than make your own Frankenstein machine.
YouTube user Lon Seidman figured out how to check his email on a 1986 Apple IIe modified with just such a Raspberry Pi device. With the help of a serial to USB connector the IIe thinks sees the Pi device as a modem. Using the modified IIe Seidman is able to check his email from his laptop even when he's away from home. Here's his fascinating video showing exactly how he was able to rig up the computer to his Raspberry Pi.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter