Samsung advertising faux pas hits the World Cup
Samsung has a rather long and comical history of advertising missteps, and with the World Cup upon us, they've struck again.
The photo above, originally spotted by AppleInsider, was tweeted out by Samsung and features US Soccer player Landon Donovan holding a Galaxy S 5. The caption reads, "Best of luck to Landon Donovan & the USA team."
Only problem is, Landon Donovan didn't make the cut for the U.S. National team for the 2014 World Cup.
And speaking of the World Cup, the U.S. National team is slated to take on Germany today at 12 PM Eastern Time. Landon Donovan? He'll be in the ESPN studios as an analyst.
Lastly, remember you can catch all the action on your iPhone or iPad via the WatchESPN app, available as a free download from the App Store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app