Samsung advertising faux pas hits the World Cup
Samsung has a rather long and comical history of advertising missteps, and with the World Cup upon us, they've struck again.
The photo above, originally spotted by AppleInsider, was tweeted out by Samsung and features US Soccer player Landon Donovan holding a Galaxy S 5. The caption reads, "Best of luck to Landon Donovan & the USA team."
Only problem is, Landon Donovan didn't make the cut for the U.S. National team for the 2014 World Cup.
And speaking of the World Cup, the U.S. National team is slated to take on Germany today at 12 PM Eastern Time. Landon Donovan? He'll be in the ESPN studios as an analyst.
Lastly, remember you can catch all the action on your iPhone or iPad via the WatchESPN app, available as a free download from the App Store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter