Rumor Roundup: 'Next week'
I'm only reposting this one from last time because all the rumor blogs were so convinced this iPod touch model would launch "next week" when it in fact launched within 24 hours of this rumor breaking. The only surprise here is none of the rumormongers were egotistical enough to take advantage of the situation and claim the new iPod touch launched early because of the leak.
The stupid Apple prediction in question: "Apple will buy Disney." When even BGR calls your prediction stupid, you've definitely swung for the fences in the game of stupid Apple rumors.
I'm sure there's some proof this was an "actual iPhone 6 housing" and not just yet another mockup, and the original source for this article simply forgot to include that proof.
Unlike most of the rumors it publishes, BGR's EXCLUSIVE BREAKING LEAKS about iOS beta release dates have been correct in the past.
I am convinced that if Smart Home hardware never debuts, it will be because of this leak.
This well-researched article is exactly the kind of thing that's normally missing from reporting on Apple. It makes a very good case against the "iPhone 6 will have a sapphire crystal screen" meme.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature