This gold-plated, Putin-worshiping iPhone is the price of a used car
You can get a whole lot of gaudy decorations for your iPhone, but if you're really looking to add some Russian flair, you can't do much better than a golden portrait of Vladimir Putin. The Supremo Putin -- yes, that's what they actually named this custom iPhone -- comes from Italian luxury retailer Caviar. The 64 GB iPhone features gold plating and is, as the company has labeled it, a "Presidential accessory for people of a higher range."
I don't know about that, but the phone's US$4,300 asking price will definitely limit its appeal to those who can afford to be particularly ostentatious. To top things off, the phone ships in a wooden case lined with velvet and punctuated by gold accents, because why not? Of course, underneath all the patriotic glitz, it's still an iPhone 5s, so you can use your $4,300 phone to play 99-cent App Store games.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV