Apple offers $100 gift card and $200 discount in annual back-to-school promotion
Apple is a creature of habit, and one of those habits is launching a stellar back-to-school sale every year right around this time. So, not to disappoint the droves of college students preparing to march back into the halls of educational institutions around the globe, Apple's student discounts are once again in full effect.
Like last year, Apple is offering discounts of up to US$200 on Macs and $30 on iPads to those who qualify. On top of that, you can also score a $100 gift card with your Mac purchase or a $50 card when you buy an iPad or iPhone.
You can score the hefty discounts by shopping on Apple's online education store, where you'll need to provide proof of your eligibility -- such as a copy your student ID -- in order to receive the reduced prices.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter