iPhone accounts for nearly 50% of UK smartphone web traffic
A new research report put together by Chitika finds that nearly half of all smartphone web traffic in the UK emanates from iPhones. Specifically, the report notes that as of June 2014, 48.9% of UK web traffic can be traced back to the iPhone, followed not so closely by Samsung with a 22.8% share.
As for the report's methodology, Chitika compiled its data by analyzing ad impressions within its own ad network for a one week period in June. Which is to say, the report shouldn't be viewed as authoritative as much as intriguingly informative.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options