iPhone accounts for nearly 50% of UK smartphone web traffic
A new research report put together by Chitika finds that nearly half of all smartphone web traffic in the UK emanates from iPhones. Specifically, the report notes that as of June 2014, 48.9% of UK web traffic can be traced back to the iPhone, followed not so closely by Samsung with a 22.8% share.
As for the report's methodology, Chitika compiled its data by analyzing ad impressions within its own ad network for a one week period in June. Which is to say, the report shouldn't be viewed as authoritative as much as intriguingly informative.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter