iPad/iPhone artists: the Ten One Design Pogo Art Contest is back
Ten One Design is the company that pioneered the capacitive touch screen stylus, and to demonstrate just how artists use their Pogo, Pogo Sketch and Pogo Connect styluses to create amazing works, they've sponsored an annual art contest since 2009. Today the 6th Annual Pogo Art Contest starts accepting entries.
Don't worry about having the perfect piece of original art ready to go today, though -- you have until August 31 to submit your entries. Your work must be drawn with a Pogo-branded stylus on an iOS device, using apps like ArtRage, Inspire Pro, Procreate and SketchBook Pro.
The grand prize winner receives a "top secret, unannounced Ten One Design product" as well as $150 cash, a Booq Boa flow backpack, a USB Power Pack Charger, a Twelve South BookBook Travel Journal, a pair of eskuché Control v2 headphones, and a ScreenGuardz Pure Glass Screen Protector. The total value of the grand prize is around $700.
There will also be four secondary winners, one for each category -- Current Events, Wildly Creative, The Way You See It, and Obviously Abstract. The winners will be posted on the Ten One Design website on September 16, and I can't wait to see what the artists create.
Painting: Dingle Harbor by Jarrett, via Ten One Design user gallery.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter