King announces revolutionary, original mobile title... just kidding!
King, the $7 billion mobile game company that has made its fortune rehashing popular casual games of the past two decades, is back with another totally original title that is sure to further stuff its pockets with delicious microtransactions. Having completely milked the tile-matching genre for all it's worth, the company has turned its attention towards card games with today's launch of Pyramid Solitaire Saga.
At this point, I'm actually pretty impressed with King's ability to take just about any already-successful concept and cram it into its own strange formula. Like just about every King game before it, Pyramid Solitaire Saga is level-based. Players can earn up to three starts on each level, and of course you can always pay for bonus items and shortcuts to completely remove skill or luck from the equation. But in the end, it's still just a solitaire game, of which there are countless examples in the App Store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync