King announces revolutionary, original mobile title... just kidding!
King, the $7 billion mobile game company that has made its fortune rehashing popular casual games of the past two decades, is back with another totally original title that is sure to further stuff its pockets with delicious microtransactions. Having completely milked the tile-matching genre for all it's worth, the company has turned its attention towards card games with today's launch of Pyramid Solitaire Saga.
At this point, I'm actually pretty impressed with King's ability to take just about any already-successful concept and cram it into its own strange formula. Like just about every King game before it, Pyramid Solitaire Saga is level-based. Players can earn up to three starts on each level, and of course you can always pay for bonus items and shortcuts to completely remove skill or luck from the equation. But in the end, it's still just a solitaire game, of which there are countless examples in the App Store.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter