This 1987 Australian Macintosh commercial is like a mini Mad Men
There's a bizarre charm to the mini dramas of Apple's commercials from the 1980s, and this Australian Macintosh clip is no exception. "The Manager" is fifty-seven seconds of corporate melodrama, like a soap opera you might experience on the AMC hit Mad Men. Our hero, known only as Frank, is cornered by his smarmy manager, who chides him for not going to a cocktail hour the previous night.
Little does Frank's manager know that Frank was up all night working on a presentation using his Macintosh. Frank's manager doesn't know what hit him. If only such teetotaling solutions worked at Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce.
You can watch the entire clip below.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync