This 1987 Australian Macintosh commercial is like a mini Mad Men
There's a bizarre charm to the mini dramas of Apple's commercials from the 1980s, and this Australian Macintosh clip is no exception. "The Manager" is fifty-seven seconds of corporate melodrama, like a soap opera you might experience on the AMC hit Mad Men. Our hero, known only as Frank, is cornered by his smarmy manager, who chides him for not going to a cocktail hour the previous night.
Little does Frank's manager know that Frank was up all night working on a presentation using his Macintosh. Frank's manager doesn't know what hit him. If only such teetotaling solutions worked at Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce.
You can watch the entire clip below.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service