"When Apple was doomed"
This photo is funny for two reasons: first, if you listen to Wall Street analysts, Apple has been doomed for many years, and still is. And second, that obnoxious PowerCD system was indeed born at a time when Apple's then-current path was leading them dangerously close to permanent irrelevance. Apple wasn't an easy company to love back then, but thankfully things have changed.
[Photo credit: Matthew Pearce]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options