Sir Paul McCartney re-releases five albums as $7.99 iPad apps
With streaming options like YouTube and Spotify making new music something that is more often rented than purchased, catalog sales are more important than ever. Classic titles are still strong sellers, but there are always new ways to ramp up sales. So Paul McCartney is joining the ranks of Bjork, Radiohead, and DeadMau5 by releasing iPad apps to promote his music.
The rock legend and former Beatle has released five of his albums for sale as advanced multimedia iPad apps, featuring the complete records and bonus content. Each album includes remastered tracks, interviews, rare photos, alongside live videos and documentary footage.
Each title represents the height of McCartney's post-Beatles career: Band on the Run with Wings, Ram with Linda McCartney, Wings over America with Wings, McCartney, and McCartney II. Best of all for budget minded McCartney fans, the iPad apps are actually cheaper than buying the records on iTunes at the moment. Each app will set you back $7.99, while buying the albums off iTunes usually costs $12.99.
Each of the albums is currently available for download in the App Store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration