Build a DIY secret iPhone case inside an old book
Here's a fun weekend project we found on YouTube: building your own DIY secret iPhone case inside of an old book. YouTube user Ela Gale has put together a nice tutorial featuring easy to follow steps. You may ask yourself "why would I want such a thing?" First of all, it's adorable. Secondly, there are a few odd situations where such a thing might actually be useful. For example, if you're walking home late at night a mugger is probably not going to go after the guy walking around with a novel.
Outside of that, maybe it'd be useful at the library if you'd like to leave your phone behind while you go to find a new book. If you've got some free time this weekend, a craft knife, and a book you no longer care about, consider giving this project a spin.
Here's what you'll need.
- An old unused book (thicker than an iPhone and not too big)
- Craft knife
- Glue (i used PVA)
And if you want to decorate the book, you will also need:
- Colored paper
- Colored pens
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration