Coming on Tuesday: Apple Q3 Earnings Call
Time flies! Next Tuesday is July 22, and that's the day that we'll hear from Apple executives about how the company did in its third fiscal quarter ending June 30, 2014. As usual, TUAW will liveblog the earnings call beginning at 5 PM ET, and you can listen in on the proceedings via Apple's livestream.
With the earnings call just around the corner, Fortune's Philip Elmer-DeWitt polled 26 analysts to see how they thought iPad sales fared in the last quarter. The chart below shows quite a range, from Asymco's Horace Dediu on the bullish end with sales of 16 million tablets and Canaccord Genuity's T. Michael Walkley being the big bear with an estimate of 12.26 million iPads sold. The analysts highlighted in green are independents; those in blue are professional analysts.
The consensus estimate is that there will be a slight year over year decrease of about .19 percent in sales since Q3 2013, representing a still-significant 14.43 million units sold. I tend to agree more with Dediu's numbers, so if I were to venture a guess, I'd go with Morgan Stanley's Katy Huberty and estimate 15 million sold. That's an increase of 1.7 percent over Q3 2013. What's your estimate on iPad sales? Let us know in the comments.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration