Here's a fix for disappearing contacts in iOS 7.1.2
Here's a tip from iMore's Ally Kazmucha for users who are suffering from disappearing or improperly syncing iCloud contacts once they've upgraded to iOS 7.1.2.
It turns out the issue isn't with iCloud, it's with a new default in iOS 7.1.2. The update causes your iOS device to switch your contacts back to the On My iPhone group. To fix the issue, simply switch your contacts group back to iCloud in settings.
1. Go to the Settings app.
2. Go to Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and scroll to the bottom.
3. Select Contacts.
4. Click on Default Account.
5. Finally, select "iCloud" instead of "On my iPhone."
Kazmucha has also written up a tutorial on how to weed out disappearing contacts from your phone. To read that head over to iMore.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter