Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates
Here are some of the best free apps, app updates and new apps that have landed in the App Store recently. All app prices are USD and subject to change. Some deals may expire quickly, so grab them while you can.
Apps Now Free
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Rooftop Run [iOS Universal; Now free, down from $3.99] You can play as Leo, Donnie, Raph, Mikey, or unlockable characters April and Casey Jones in this action packed combat runner with vehicle mode!
Dracula 4: The Shadow Of The Dragon HD [iOS Universal; Now free, down from $4.99] A cargo ship carrying a valuable collection of artwork for the Metropolitan Museum of Art sinks. A few months later, one of the paintings resurfaces in Hungary.
Pou [iOS Universal; Now free, down from $1.99] Think you have what it takes to adopt a POU? How will YOU customize your POU?
Bonza Word Puzzle [iOS Universal; Now free, down from $0.99] Bonza is a new type of crossword that has become an instant classic. It mixes word search, jigsaw and trivia knowledge to create something completely fresh.
CameraBag 2 [iOS Universal; Now free, down from $1.99] CameraBag 2 is the world's first hi-fi photo app, featuring a massive number of the highest-quality styles and adjustments in an elegant, minimal interface.
ArtRage for iPhone [iPhone; Now free, down from $1.99] Express your artistic side with easy to use painting and drawing tools that work just like the real thing!
Textual [OS X; Now free, down from $4.99] Textual is an IRC client created specifically for Mac OS X.
Media Room [OS X; Now free, down from $1.99] Media Room is a simple video player which gives you an immersive experience where you can use the keyboard or the Apple Remote to find and view your media.
New and Notable Apps
Passible: Password Manager [iOS Universal; Free] Passible is a password manager like never before. Accessible. Automated. Awesome.
Bubl Gelato [iOS Universal; $1.99] Create the world's first musical ice cream!
Jink - delightful location sharing :) [iPhone; Free] Exceptionally easy location sharing.
Astro Duel [OS X; Free] Astro Duel is a competitive local multiplayer game for iPad and Mac. Inspired from endless nights of Super Bomberman, rounds are quick and death is sudden.
Astro Duel [iPad; $2.99] Astro Duel is a competitive local multiplayer game for iPad and Mac. Inspired from endless nights of Super Bomberman, rounds are quick and death is sudden.
Updates you don't want to miss
Flywheel - The Taxi App [iPhone; Free] Flywheel is the easiest way to get a taxi cab with your iPhone. Request a ride, watch it come to you, get notified when it arrives, and pay automatically with your phone. Version 5.2.1 brings the following changes:
- Schedule your ride to the airport in advance! Just select your pickup time and enjoy the peace of mind knowing your taxi will be waiting outside when you need it.
- Note: This feature is currently available for select users.
- This build patches an issue for some iOS 6 users.
Canabalt [iOS Universal; $0.99] Start your daring escape. Version 2.0 brings the following changes:
- 8 new game modes
- leaderboards for all game modes, 2 player modes
- 16 achievements
- misc bug fixes
Together 3 [OS X; $19.99] Together lets you keep things in one place. Text, documents, images, movies, sounds, web pages and bookmarks can all be dragged to Together for safe keeping. Version 3.2 brings the following changes:
- Share iCloud libraries with Together for iPad and iPhone (available separately)
- Improvements to the tag browser, item list and Shelf
- Repairs libraries overwritten by Dropbox, preventing "File cannot be opened" errors
- Various other fixes and improvements
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)