An iPhone 6 case we can believe in
Here at TUAW, we will usually pass on the emailed tips that come in from readers showing a Mr. Blurrycam rendition of purported next-generation iPhone or iPad parts. But when a case manufacturer we know and trust sends us a bunch of well-photographed images of an upcoming iPhone 6 case, we take notice and risk the wrath of our very own Chris Rawson, the Rumor Slayer.
Our source notes that he's making a new line of phone cases and that "my case guy sent me the latest batch of samples for final inspection and they included, to my surprise, an iPhone 6 'Phoneblet' case. I say 'phoneblet' because it's bigger, but not Samsung big."
The image at the top of this page shows a bamboo version of the wood case for iPhone 6 (left), an iPhone 5s (center), and a cherry wood case for an iPhone 5s for comparison. Other photos are included in the gallery below, with one section pixelated to conceal pricing information.
When the iPhone 6 is officially announced, we'll reveal the name of our source. Until that time, we're keeping the manufacturer name anonymous.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync