An iPhone 6 case we can believe in
Here at TUAW, we will usually pass on the emailed tips that come in from readers showing a Mr. Blurrycam rendition of purported next-generation iPhone or iPad parts. But when a case manufacturer we know and trust sends us a bunch of well-photographed images of an upcoming iPhone 6 case, we take notice and risk the wrath of our very own Chris Rawson, the Rumor Slayer.
Our source notes that he's making a new line of phone cases and that "my case guy sent me the latest batch of samples for final inspection and they included, to my surprise, an iPhone 6 'Phoneblet' case. I say 'phoneblet' because it's bigger, but not Samsung big."
The image at the top of this page shows a bamboo version of the wood case for iPhone 6 (left), an iPhone 5s (center), and a cherry wood case for an iPhone 5s for comparison. Other photos are included in the gallery below, with one section pixelated to conceal pricing information.
When the iPhone 6 is officially announced, we'll reveal the name of our source. Until that time, we're keeping the manufacturer name anonymous.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter