Microsoft takes shot at Siri in new ad
Microsoft's Cortana voice assistant is an impressive addition to the company's Windows Phone software, and while Siri's update in iOS 8 will likely give Apple's digital gal the edge once again, Cortana has the lead at the moment. Microsoft decided to take advantage of its current "window" of superiority by releasing a new ad mocking the less impressive Siri.
The clip "compares" Siri and Cortana by showing a couple of Cortana's new abilities that Apple has yet to add to its assistant. Cortana shows off her skills at sussing out complicated directives involving names of contacts and specific places, while Siri admits her inferiority.
There's no denying that, at least for the moment, Cortana is a good deal more powerful than the virtual helper living inside the iPhone. Unfortunately for Microsoft, people need to actually own the device before they can use Cortana, and the company still isn't quite sure how to make that happen.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync