Microsoft takes shot at Siri in new ad
Microsoft's Cortana voice assistant is an impressive addition to the company's Windows Phone software, and while Siri's update in iOS 8 will likely give Apple's digital gal the edge once again, Cortana has the lead at the moment. Microsoft decided to take advantage of its current "window" of superiority by releasing a new ad mocking the less impressive Siri.
The clip "compares" Siri and Cortana by showing a couple of Cortana's new abilities that Apple has yet to add to its assistant. Cortana shows off her skills at sussing out complicated directives involving names of contacts and specific places, while Siri admits her inferiority.
There's no denying that, at least for the moment, Cortana is a good deal more powerful than the virtual helper living inside the iPhone. Unfortunately for Microsoft, people need to actually own the device before they can use Cortana, and the company still isn't quite sure how to make that happen.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter