Get all the flash storage you could ever want with the new Drobo Mini
If you're a creative type who needs a ridiculous amount of storage, there's a good chance you're already familiar with Drobo storage arrays. With today's launch of the Drobo Mini with SSD, the company is upping the speed of its compact storage offering in a big way, with a price to match it.
The new SSD-equipped Drobo Mini boasts a performance increase of up to 80%, according to the company, and comes in three sizes, starting at 1TB. 2TB and 4TB options are also available, and prices come in at US$1,199, $1,799, and $2,999, respectively.
For Mac users, a big draw for the new Mini is its dual Thunderbolt ports -- along with one USB 3.0 -- which would seem to make it the perfect companion for something like a new Mac Pro. Of course, if you happen to be a MacBook devotee, the Mini's portable nature would also make it a fine option.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter