FreedomPop offers free data and voice to iPad
If you own a cellular data-equipped iPad without a current contract, or you're looking to buy one but think the monthly cost is too high, FreedomPop has an offer you'll want to consider. The company is currently offering 500MB a month of free 4G LTE data for tablets that support the Sprint network. In addition, subscribers get 500 free messages and 200 minutes of voice calling per month.
FreedomPop also sells iPads along with their plans, so if you don't have one already you can buy one from them. According to iMore their pricing for an iPad mini starts at $319. If you'd like more data, the company has a tiered price plan beyond the free options.
For $7.99 you can get 500 voice minutes and unlimited texts, or unlimited voice and text for $10.99. Of course, if you want or need more data that's going to cost you more. Extra data is $10 per GB you use each month. Still for the light web surfer, that's a lot of bandwidth to use -- especially if they have Wi-fi to use at home.
Head over to FreedomPop for more details. For people who want a tablet but don't want an expensive plan, they may be able to help you out. If you're curious about what using FreedomPop's service is like you can read our article "A Year With FreedomPop" for a review.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter