Hypochondriacs rejoice! HealthTap Prime puts a doctor on your iPad at any hour
Got a lot of cash and a funky looking rash? HealthTap wants to lighten your wallet and give you on-demand access to a doctor whenever you please, and it will do so straight from your iPad or iPhone. The company's HealthTap Prime service will put you in touch with a real doctor via a live video chat feature, and it will do it whenever you want.
Unlike the endless number of pseudo-medical apps out there, the doctor at the other end of the call will be able to provide accurate medical advice based on your individual situation. Of course, things like prescriptions or tests aren't exactly in the wheelhouse of these remote doctors, so there's still a good chance you'll end up having to visit your local clinic even after speaking with one on the app.
Before you go searching for a reason to contact a medical expert on your iPhone, you better check your bank account. The Prime service will run you US$100 per month, and an additional $10 for anyone else in your household that may also need to use it.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature