Apple opens temporary, "open air" shop
Apple has opened its first open-air shop, a mix of traditional mall kiosk and Apple simplicity. Located at Glattzentrum mall in Wallisellen, the open-air shop has been set up while the mall's main Apple store is undergoing a complicated expansion. According to Macnn.com, reporting from a translated post on MacPrime.ch, workers are unsure as to how long the renovations will take.
Considering Apple is expected to be launching new products this Fall, this open-air shop will allow the company to maintain its current presence in the mall even if the renovations last through the possible product launches. While the open-air shop doesn't have the square footage of a normal Apple Store, the set up is familiar; rows of tables showcase demonstration models while accessories line shelves. When a purchase is made the associate runs to grab it from the inventory room.
You can see some pictures taken by MacPrime.ch above and below.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter