Shazam lands on the Mac with new menu bar utility
Shazam is now available on the Mac, landing in the Mac App Store as menu bar app. Announced today, the new utility identifies music and TV playing in your surrounding environment, notifying you when it has made a match.
When a title is identified, the app allows you view the details about the title as well as purchase it from iTunes if it is a song. There's also a history of identified content if you want to remember a title that was recognized from last week. If privacy is a concern, the app's listening feature can be toggled on or off as needed. It also can be configured to run at startup if you don't mind the "always listening" aspect of the app.
The new Shazam for Mac is available for free from the Mac App Store. Check it out and let us know what you think in the comments.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration