Yet another way to charge your iPhone with a campfire
I've always loved that there is a strange subcategory of gadget accessories that revolves around charging your device without a power outlet. BioLite's campfire charging gear has been around for a while, and there's also the PowerPot V which our own Steve Sande put through its paces, but now BioLite is back with yet another entry, called the KettleCharge.
The KettleCharge is, as its name suggests, a kettle for heating water. But along with providing a steaming cup of whatever-you-decide-to-mix-with-the-water, the device has a USB outlet that cranks out 10W of power when the kettle is fully heated. That's enough to charge your iPhone or iPad, and all you need to make it work is water and a heat source.
The KettleCharge is priced at US$149.95, which is the same price as the PowerPot V. If you're looking for some off-the-grid power and a way to heat water at the same time, your decision might just come down to which form factor you prefer.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration