Apple adds Beats accessories section to its online store
With Apple's $3 billion acquisition of Beats now officially a done deal (having received both European and U.S. regulatory approval just last week), Apple is moving quickly to more prominently feature the company's products on its website.
Earlier today, Apple updated the accessories section of its online store with dedicated section for Beats by Dr. Dre products. Though Apple has sold Beats products for quite some time, we can undoubtedly expect Apple to shine more of a spotlight on Beats headphones and accessories now that it's part of the Apple family.
Also worth noting is that if you attempt to purchase a product on the Beats by Dre website, you're whisked away to Apple's online store.
Just last week, Apple added a new page to its website welcoming Beats to the Apple family. The page reads in part:
Beats cofounders Jimmy Iovine and Dr. Dre have created beautiful products that have helped millions of people deepen their connection to music. We're delighted to be working with the team to elevate that experience even further.
And we can't wait to hear what's next.
Indeed, it'll be extremely interesting to see how Apple plans to incorporate Beats' subscription music service into iOS. As we've previously highlighted, if Apple can manage to convince just 1.25% of the 800 million iOS users out there to sign up for a Beats music subscription, it will already have as many paying members as Spotify
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature