NFL apps now ready for AppleTV, iPhone
Today marks the debut of the recently announced NFL Now app for iOS devices and Apple TV. With NFL Now, football fans can watch game highlights, personalized streams tailored to their favorite teams, clips from the NFL library, and stream all of that content to their Apple TV via Airplay.
There's also a $1.99 a month subscription plan called NFL Now Plus that brings users some extra features:
- Unlimited access to expansive library of NFL Films shows
- Premium game highlights experience that includes hundreds of real-time in-game highlights
- Live stream of NFL RedZone on Sunday afternoon (when the 2014 NFL season starts)
- Live stream of NFL Network (when the 2014 NFL season starts)
For football fans sore that the service won't include full games, the unlimited access to the NFL Films library should make the app an easier purchase. NFL Films include historical footage and documentaries about the league, and is high quality content that has aired on channels like HBO.
Other than lacking the ability to watch games, the app offers an authentic NFL experience. For example, before allowing you to watch any content you'll have to sit through a video advertisement.
You can watch the NFL Now launch video below. NFL Now is available for a free download in the iTunes Store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)