Pinterest's iOS app introduces powerful new direct messaging features
Pinterest has released a new update for its iOS apps which introduces a powerful messaging ability to the social image sharing service. Your messages look similar to how they do on Facebook, with little circles that appear on your feed. To start a new message to a friend, click the plus button and type in the friend's name, and Pinterest gives you the option of sending a message or a pin.
Pins you include in a message act the same as any other pins you share, including keeping the ability to pin it to your own board, add it to your favorites, or message it to another user, all from within a message.
For groups that use Pinterest for collaborating on projects, this messaging update is a big improvement to the service. You can watch Pinterest's launch video for the new messaging features below. The app is available as a free download in the iTunes store.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter