Women are more prone to spending cash on in-app purchases
Ladies, I'm not blaming you for the fact that Kim Kardashian's obnoxious celebrity simulator is raking in huge mounds of cash, but a new study says you're more likely to embrace in-app purchases if you lack a Y chromosome. The data -- gathered by analytics firm Flurry -- shows that women make 31% more in-app transactions than men, and spend 35% more time with mobile games overall.
The study, which sampled games on over a million devices, also showed trends within specific game genres. Men were more likely to spend time on strategy and competitive card games, while women played more solitaire, and simulation titles -- like Kim Kardashian's new game.
Women were also found to be more "loyal" to the games they played, showing more dedication over a 7-day period than men. This makes sense of course because men hunt and women nest... right?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter