Women are more prone to spending cash on in-app purchases
Ladies, I'm not blaming you for the fact that Kim Kardashian's obnoxious celebrity simulator is raking in huge mounds of cash, but a new study says you're more likely to embrace in-app purchases if you lack a Y chromosome. The data -- gathered by analytics firm Flurry -- shows that women make 31% more in-app transactions than men, and spend 35% more time with mobile games overall.
The study, which sampled games on over a million devices, also showed trends within specific game genres. Men were more likely to spend time on strategy and competitive card games, while women played more solitaire, and simulation titles -- like Kim Kardashian's new game.
Women were also found to be more "loyal" to the games they played, showing more dedication over a 7-day period than men. This makes sense of course because men hunt and women nest... right?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features