Chat with Tom Hanks on the @AppStore Twitter account about his new writing app
Update: Apparently when Apple invited everyone to a live Q&A, they didn't explain that they would be the only ones doing the Q-ing. It doesn't look like Hanks will be taking questions from the public, unfortunately. Original post is below.
If you're a Tom Hanks fan -- and let's be honest, who isn't a Tom Hanks fan? -- Apple is giving you the chance to chat with him today on Twitter. At 9AM PST (12PM EST), Hanks will be taking questions via the @AppStore Twitter account about his new writing app, Hanx Writer.
The app, which launched just yesterday, is a word processor styled like an old fashioned typewriter, complete with authentic sound effects and the inability to delete what you've typed. Ok, so there's an option in the settings menu to turn on the "modern" delete key, but using that just feels like cheating when you're tapping away on an app like this. Hanx Writer is free, but you can buy some customization options like new typewriters and styles.
The announcement of the Q&A session doesn't note an end time, so if you're dead set on getting a question to Mr. Hanks, I'd advise you to arrive on Twitter promptly at the start time. Good luck!
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter