Facebook fixes longstanding iOS bug, lowers crash rate by 50%
Earlier this week, Facebook announced that it had cracked a long standing bug that affected app stability on iOS. As a result, Facebook engineers are touting that the crash rate for the iOS Facebook app has been reduced by a whopping 50%.
Interestingly, Facebook employees Slobodan Predolac and Nicolas Piegelberg over at the Facebook Engineering Blog put up a detailed post explaining what the problem was, why it was so challenging to fix, and how they ultimately were able to eradicate the bug in question. It's well worth a read if you're in the least bit interested in the technical nuts and bolts behind a small yet significant fix.
The updated Facebook app was pushed out this past Tuesday, so make sure to update if you haven't already.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options