Work Time is free today, gives your iPhone something to do while you work
Work Time (free today only, normally US$1.99) is a clever little desktop clock app keeps your iPhone busy while you're working, displaying upcoming calendar events, the current temperature and a weather forecast.
Tapping on an event lets you edit it in the Calendar app or delete it. There is also a button to let you add new events. The event list is scrollable, and it's easy to select which calendars you wish to have appear on the display.
Work Time has ten different color screen themes, and the app supports both landscape and portrait orientation.
The app's developer says he wanted a useful desktop clock app but could not find one, so he did it himself. Using Work Time is simple, but I did have a small challenge trying to figure out how to change the style and colors. The control is a small right facing arrow, just next to the '+' symbol for adding an event to the calendar.
Work Time is not a universal app. It requires iOS 7 or later and is optimized for the iPhone 5. If you are interested, be sure to grab it right away as it will be a paid app after Friday, August 15.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter