Breakdown Buddy: How does it break down
Breakdown Buddy (US$0.99) is a useful app for organizing information needed in case of a car breakdown. The app works on all iOS devices running iOs 7.1 or later.
There are two functions of the app; the ability to find your current location on a map and a section that holds details for a breakdown, including the number of a tow truck, car registration, your telephone number, insurance policy number, and a notes section. Having all of that on your phone helpful in stressful situations. It would be even more useful if you could tap on a number in the "breakdown telephone number" field to place a call. It seems a little awkward to have to exit the app to dial a number its storing.
The location finder is a basic map that lists street names but not addresses. This is helpful in telling approximately where you are broken down at, but you could also just open up a maps application to find your location with even more accuracy. Breakdown Buddy has a very clean interface and this reinforces the goal of storing all of this important information in one easily accessible place.
With some tuning of each feature, this app would definitely be a great help if you find yourself stuck on the side of the road with a broken down car. Breakdown Buddy is US$0.99 on the App Store. It needs a couple of changes to be worth the money as you get more benefit currently from saving your breakdown information in a note taking app and a maps app when used together.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature