Simple rebuilds backend from scratch, releases new apps
Over the past several months my favorite online bank, Simple, has been working feverishly to update their back end. Today it released an updated app that compliments the under-the-hood changes made to its systems. Simple, if you don't know, is a banking services company that was founded with mobile in mind. Unlike many banking services that throw an app together for a large bank, knowing customers have few choices otherwise, Simple took the approach that good design and excellent features are important to many customers. After using the service for well over a year, I must agree.
Users will immediately notice a design refresh, making Simple more in tune with iOS 7 and beyond. There's been a significant upgrade to Goals, where you can set financial goals. Simple makes it astonishingly easy to manage and track goals, and I'd say it is one of the best tools for this if your needs and goals are relatively straightforward.
Other changes as per Simple's release notes:
• We've totally redesigned and rebuilt Simple from the ground up, adding new features and improving functionality based on your feedback.
• Send money to other Simple customers instantly and for free with Simple Instant.
• Goals is all new. It's now easier to see your savings progress. Add memos to Goals to better organize your savings. Shortcuts make moving money between Goals even faster!
• Get quick access to your most common contacts with Favorites.
• Personalize your Simple experience by uploading your own avatar
Simple isn't a bank, but it was acquired by BBVA earlier this year. I've been assured this will only make the company stronger, and it continues to operate essentially as it did before, but now with a multinational bank backing it. I've always been impressed with Simple's customer service, and even in light of a lot of bugs that popped up for users in the previous weeks (the CEO has apologized for these), I'd say Simple is a safe bet for handling your money and making your life, well, more simple. The app is free, but you'll need to ask for an account as they ramp up their customer base.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features