Apple releases a new video celebrating the diversity of its staff
Apple recently released statistics touting the diversity found among its employees which, when compared to other tech companies, shows the company is working hard to mix up the makeup of its workforce. The same day Apple released that info, the company debuted this video celebrating the varied backgrounds of its employees and the importance that different life experiences play in growing the company.
Narrated by Denise Young-Smith, the company's VP of Human Resources, the clip features employees from the various parts of Apple's business from Apple Stores to product development. Apple still has a long way to go to create a truly diverse company, even by Tim Cook's own admission. The CEO said as much himself in a statement issued along with the report.
Let me say up front: As CEO, I'm not satisfied with the numbers on this page. They're not new to us, and we've been working hard for quite some time to improve them. We are making progress, and we're committed to being as innovative in advancing diversity as we are in developing our products.
It's good to see Apple recognizing where it needs to improve socially as a company. This video and Tim Cook's public commitment to improving the company's mix of employees are a good start. You can watch the video clip below.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync