LG's new design patent looks awfully familiar
Note: This story mistakenly noted Samsung as the patent filer, not LG.
Android phone manufacturers and Apple have a long and rocky relationship when it comes to design patents, which you'll no doubt be aware of if you're even casually interested in the world of smartphones. This week, LG scored an interesting design patent. For the next 14 years, LG owns the rights to this:
Yes, the earphone is a bit higher and the camera on the rear is in a different spot than Apple has ever placed it, but there's only one thing that comes to mind when you see the front of that device. Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, right?
[Photo credit: TeppoTK]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration