How not to use rice to save your iPhone
Here's the thing: Rice can indeed dry out your iDevice if it ends up taking an unexpected tumble into a pool, pond, or -- tech gods forbid -- toilet. That being said, this is not the way to do it. Leave your device off for as long as possible, and certainly until you're confident there is no more moisture left inside the device.
Leaving it on is not a good idea, but I have a feeling the photo was just taken for the effect. Oh, and the great macro with the rice grains.
[Photo credit: Steven Depolo]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter