Amazon's iPhone trade-in program is tough to beat
If history is any indication, the Apple masses sometime in late September will begin lining up at Apple retail stores around the globe in order to get their hands on the iPhone 6. And like clockwork, once a new iPhone is unveiled, consumers begin clamoring for ways to sell or trade-in their current device for cash.
While Gazelle is perhaps the most well-known outlet for users to trade in their old devices, folks interested in getting the most bang for their iPhone might want to consider Amazon's trade-in program. As opposed to some places which off you straight up cold hard cash, Amazon offers users -- surprise surprise -- Amazon gift cards. But seeing as how one can purchase anything under the sun from Amazon, it's arguably just as beneficial as cash.
The Wall Street Journal today ran a piece detailing where users can get the most out of their older model iPhones and Amazon, almost across the board, came out on top every time.
As an illustrative example, an absolutely flawless and pristine 16GB iPhone 5 on AT&T will net you $170 from Gazelle whereas the same model in "Good" condition will net you about $160.
In contrast, take a look at what you can get from Amazon: $191 if the phone is like new and $174 if the phone is in "good" condition. You'll be hard pressed to find a better deal.
Amazon's trade-in page for iPhones can be accessed here.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter